~*RANDOM RATTLES*~

A blog where I randomly pick something to write about...
It's a place I write when I'm bored...
It's here I put in my random thoughts of what I think of other things...
Basically, it's just me rattling...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

BLESSED BIRTHDAY

As I ponder upon the last 24 hours, I feel that the pain and sorrow more than half a year ago evaporating into thin air.

I remembered being as low as can be on the rollercoaster of life, but at this moment, in which I shall capture, is me being at the highest peak, looking down, gleaming and beaming at how wonderful and blessed my life is.

Last year I was surprised by my friends in Liverpool and this year, I was given another surprise by my colleagues!
I am very touched knowing that there are so many people out there who cared for me and would take the trouble to make my day a special one. Sometimes, just a simple wish can light up my day but when people go the extra mile for you, I guess it makes me feel even more grateful.

Once again, I can't say this enough, thanks to everyone who has made my 23rd birthday another very special one.

Lunch at TGI was raelly nice but I just wasn't sporting enough and so...I just don't like being put on the spot like that man! It's been so long since I have such delicious steak! I love steak!!!
And I got flowers! I'm very happy because I can finally show off! Hahaha!! Well forgive me because I've never received flowers before okay! I got one (yes, one sunflower, which I really love btw) once for graduation. and that's all. 

Dinner at a Japanese restaurant was also friggin' awesome because I love Japanese food too! 
I felt super guilty though because it costs my friends a bomb! Argh...i feel really bad!! I think I'll settle for mediocrity next time. I know I'll have a great time with these bunch of people no matter what since they are all awesome!

So ya, birthdays are a reminder that you are getting older each day...but it is a wonderful day because it makes you feel grateful that you are still alive and happy, and a reminder that you have family and friends around you that love and care for you. It is moments like these that make life worthwhile sometimes, and it makes you feel that, whatever sorrows and sadness you have in the past, are just part and parcel because at the end of the day, someone out there is watching over me, through the love of the people around me.

I'm blessed and I know that.
I just need to constantly remind myself. :)

With lotsa love
Tammy

2 comments: