~*RANDOM RATTLES*~

A blog where I randomly pick something to write about...
It's a place I write when I'm bored...
It's here I put in my random thoughts of what I think of other things...
Basically, it's just me rattling...

Friday, May 28, 2010

IN MEMORY OF LIVERPOOL


Last year....at this exact moment, I was literally flying high.
I was above ground level, flying to Liverpool.

Today is one tough day, not only for me, but for a lot of my fellow friends...
Today is the day where all of us think about our wonderful Liverpool journey last year. It was last year, on the exact same date, in which we embarked on one of the best journeys of our life. It was the start of a lot of things for me - new friendships, cultural exposures and a remarkable 3-month experience.

As the pain of missing something special seeps through my veins once again, I pen this blog, in hopes of helping me ease the sorrow.

It's funny how you want to let go of the fond memories you have because thinking about it just makes you so sad because it is all in the past and over, but at the same time, you want to cling on to it as long as you can because letting go means that you have nothing of it left. At least now, thinking about it in the form of memories means you still have a weak grasp of something you love  so much.

While some of us has moved on, I believe it is safe to say that there are a lot of us who still can't seem to let go of the 3 months we had last year. It is not easy to move on!

It was just like yesterday when we stepped into KLIA, preparing for the  flight. It seems like yesterday when I met the cute steward, who attended to me when I experienced air-sickness; it seems like yesterday when I stepped into the Manchester airport, saw Andrew for the first time, handed in my first assignment, walked along the streets of Liverpool - Lime Street, Radio City, Lambanana...Atlantic Point.

I guess Liverpool is also the place in which I bonded and built special relationships with some people, whose friendships I treasure a lot, til today. 
That is why Liverpool meant so much to me.
Besides that, I love the laid back, relaxed pace of life. They appreciate culture and nature and I love being part of such community. I feel in many ways less stressed and very relaxed. 

Liverpool & UK is definitely one of the best things that happened to me.......
Holding back tears, I shall try to hold on to the fond memories of last year, while remaining happy. I shall wish the next batch of students all the best and may they all have the same wonderful experience we had last year. 

I'm also definitely going to make it a goal to re-visit my beloved Liverpool once again in this lifetime. The experience might not be the same without my fellow friends, but it is still a dream for me to be able to go back to that place once again...

I was at the airport, KLIA today.
Flew back from Singapore...the pain intensified as the airport reminds me even more of last years departure. 
As I leave the airport, it's like I'm leaving Wonderland, and moving closer to reality once again...a reality of work and a whole lot of life stress. Sigh...

Oh well, I can't live in a dream forever...
Til the next time then.

Been crazily busy these past few weeks and tomorrow, I shall fall back deeper into a hole called 'Endless-work-hole'...

For now, I shall leave everyone with some pictures of Liverpool and UK. Just for old times sake and to escape reality while I still can.














With Lotsa Love
TammyC

1 comment: