~*RANDOM RATTLES*~

A blog where I randomly pick something to write about...
It's a place I write when I'm bored...
It's here I put in my random thoughts of what I think of other things...
Basically, it's just me rattling...

Sunday, April 25, 2010

CHEATED...

The last time I had this feeling was back then in Penang. 
The feeling of being cheated but then again, it is not completely the other party's fault. It's more like your stupidity together with the disability of business people in being completely honest.

Sometimes, it is really good to really really ask a lot of questions, just to be sure that when you pay the bill, you don't feel duped or cheated.

Today is supposed to be a happy Sunday for the whole family...oh that was until I felt cheated off RM150!
Okaylar it wasn't that bad but seriously, I felt really stupid after that meal because I didn't TRIPLE, QUADRUPLE confirm the price of the buffet. But then an extra RM150 out of my pocket is really not COOL!

The low-down:
I called 2 days earlier to book a buffet for my family of 5 for this Sunday - dinner. The operator told me it would cost me RM 49.25 nett per head after weekend discount. If we go for lunch, it'll then be RM 39.25 nett. 

So it is pretty clear that RM49.25 is not inclusive of all the taxes and everything, so nevermind. We're prepared to pay for the taxes. 

Later, we decided to eat lunch instead, cheaper and the timing is better for us too.
And so I called up again to re-book and I DOUBLE confirmed the price of RM39.25 for lunch. The lady told me yes, it's RM39.25 per head. 

MF!!!
The problem is, nobody told me that RM39.25 is actually a WEEKDAY PROMOTION. The dude who first told me that it was a weekend promotion was clearly wrong or perhaps I was bloody confused to have gotten the wrong message. But then the second lady I confirmed with should have also informed me that the RM39.25 is for weekdays only. I mean, if your customer booked for Sunday and ask about the price...isn't it common sense to tell your customer the price for the WEEKEND MEAL?? Why in the world did THEY tell me the WEEKDAY PROMOTION WHEN I BOOKED FOR A SUNDAY LUNCH??

I am not saying that I am not at fault but in some ways they are either bloody senseless or they are just purposely being dishonest right?

The Lesson:
TRIPLE and QUADRUPLE confirm the information because clearly, twice is so not enough.
Read whatever brochures and promotional slips PROPERLY before making a decision. I mean, like my dad say, we don't mind paying RM 300 for a bloody Japanese meal, but we would like to be PROPERLY INFORMED and not feel like we're being duped off money lar!

Sigh.
For now, I think I'm going to boycott certain Japanese restaurant for the time being. Not feeling great after the experience! Argh!

Anyway we had a good time generally, though the food we consumed is definitely not worth the amount of RM 60, which we ended up paying. I should have camped there or worst, bring a lunch box to pack those food home. I don't care what you say about my 'kiasu-ness' but that's my way of making up to my RM60. In times like these, one can't afford to not be calculative man! A few Ringgits is okaylar but this is me being indirectly cheated, so...!!

Oh well...
Let's put this behind us for now.
Moving on to another day...
Take care folks.

With Lotsa Love,
TammyC





No comments:

Post a Comment