~*RANDOM RATTLES*~

A blog where I randomly pick something to write about...
It's a place I write when I'm bored...
It's here I put in my random thoughts of what I think of other things...
Basically, it's just me rattling...

Sunday, April 4, 2010

THE SIGHTS AND SOUND OF PEOPLE

Very fast summary of my life in a flash!!
Loads of exciting stuff happening for me lately, I'm beginning to enjoy life again haha.
Remember I had this moment of dullness after I came back from Liverpool - hating my job and all. Now I'm back and I love my new job and also my freelance job. 
I'm looking forward to many many more happening stuff!!! =D

*Chewing Coke Mentos*

So today was another great great day as I got to meet some super interesting people in the local film industry. We all had a discussion and I learned so much, not just about different film perspectives by really experience and professional people, but also a lot of insights about cultures and social problems. It was super great to meet one of the more famous directors in Malaysia, and also a bunch of other prominent people in the film industry. I can't really disclose the purpose of the whole meeting but I can tell you, it was one of the best experiences in my life; well, at least one that I feel super honoured and privileged to be part of. I'm not sure if I'd get another chance but it would be great if I get to be part of these discussions again. But I was really intimidated and I really really nervous when it was time for me to talk. I think it was pretty clear in my voice that I was shaking; I hear my own nervousness literally, but I really hope it all went well and I didn't make a fool of myself in front of these super cool, profound and intelligent people.

*gulping Rootbeer, Mentos finish already*

We diverted into discussing interesting topics like Korea - and how Korea is a great place for hiking and that there is this place known as the Suicide Cliff which is super beautiful, though many people commit suicide there. So in order to try to change people's mind about killing themselves, there is apparently a statue of a mother on the cliff, perhaps to remind people of their mother's love or their mother's sacrifice for them and how they should not just give up on the life that the mother had given them after painful labour. I guess it was really cool to think of putting a mother's statue up there - though just such a simple statue, it really gets people rethinking about their decisions.

Then there were discussions on "child trafficking", which is actually a problem in Malaysia, though not many knows it. One of the panel told us an inspiring but really sad story about the problems of illegal children along Chow Kit street. Seriously, it's so sad to know that such sad thing happens around us and ya, I really hope that I can take a leap and do something to help too. Though knowing me, I'm always procrastinating. =(

I just realized that when prostitute gives birth to children and then dumps them, some of those children are not registered and basically, they are considered "non-existent". So even if they died - murdered or raped, nobody, no one could or WOULD do ANYTHING to help them because it is claimed that there is NOTHING that can be done. Well, perhaps it's not really NOTHING can be done, it's more like, NO ONE wants to go through the trouble of doing something that really takes extra effort. Fighting for human rights is never easy and most of the times, is challenged by certain groups of people with authority. It really takes people with guts to go out there and fight. So sad that some part of the community choose to close an eye to such cases or situations.

So today was generally a very enlightening day for me and I feel so lucky.
Still got loads to do later and I might as well take a nap and prepare to go out to do my freelance editing work.
Till next time~

With Lotsa Love,
TammyC



No comments:

Post a Comment