~*RANDOM RATTLES*~

A blog where I randomly pick something to write about...
It's a place I write when I'm bored...
It's here I put in my random thoughts of what I think of other things...
Basically, it's just me rattling...

Friday, March 5, 2010

A THURSDAY @ FRIDAY'S / BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

Yesterday, 4th of March 2010 was Derique & Pai Wah's 23rd Birthday!

Had a great time with all my friends @ TGI Friday's @ the Curve Damansara. Can you believe it's my first TGI meal? It costs me a bomb to be honest because this month, I'm actually kinda broke lol, yes, and it's only the beginning of the month. Sigh...MONEY IS A REAL HEADACHE. And I hate that I'm letting MONETARY issue stress me out. But it's okay because everyone had fun and I guess, sometimes, I just have to focus on that...to enjoy every moment before it's too late.

Okay back to happy mode. Since it's my first TGI visit (I know I'm very outdated okay, 23 and this is my first TGI experience lol...), let's talk a bit about the experience.

 
 I'm not paid promoting this so don't worry.
It's not a lie and I'm not lying about me not lying either.
Okay...it doesn't really have to make any sense ;P

Good thing is the food is relatively cheaper when you share them. An approximately RM 30 meal when split only cost one person around RM 15 (RM 17++ after tax) and you are sure to be stuffed even with half the servings. Seriously, be wise because you can never finish one plate on your own, especially if you are those who just couldn't consume much. Even our birthday boy (whom I clearly remember eats a lot) had trouble finishing up his 2 chickens and the pile of fried sweet potatoes that came with the meal. 

First up. Our appetizer was superbly delicious. Fried macaroni and cheese man! The ultimate. Anything cheesy (I mean literally) works for me. LOL. I guess basically, just these 6 cheese-balls is enough to fill 3/4 of your empty stomach. 

Fried balls
Picture courtesy of whichever website the picture links you to.
I lost the picture I took...

Then there is the Tuscan Chicken Melt which I shared with King Kong. Though her name is the grand King Kong, she really doesn't eat much...and she practically left the whole plate of fries for me (I'm thinking no way, but could it be that King Kong is actually trying to be nice?? Hmm...). On any other desperate days, I'll go gaga but sadly, yesterday I was really really really to full to actually cater to the extra fries. =( So sad...

Tuscan Chicken Melt
Pictures again courtesy of whichever website the pic links you to ;P
 
Then our Tuscan chicken melt was also another bomb though I wished that the toast was not that dry.

Most of my friends ordered "Boneless Wings" and it was so hilarious because when the waiter served, we heard "Bonus Link". So from then on...that dish is called Bonus Link, well at least in our terms. '=.= That's what happens when you hang out with goofballs.

"Bonus Link"

Also weird is when we see everyone of us in work-mode already (though right now they still manage to maintain their goofiness). The bunch of us who are usually clad in t-shirts, jeans and sporting college student looks are now all talking about work and all. My God....I really feel old!! Can't believe it but we are actually 'adults'. I wonder what gathering will be like when some of them are married with kids and all. I personally don't mind babysitting lol.

Anyway back to the celebration. I've heard of the TGI Friday's chants for birthday boys and girls and we got to experience that. We had 2 'victims' yesterday haha so it was kinda cool. The people at TGI's really took an effort to cheer for us. Sadly I do not have pics to upload because of my 'gone-crazy' phone. Sad =(. I even lost the "Paparazzi-styled-picture" of Derique and his girlfriend holding hands and making plans haha. It was one pic that I secretly took of them without them noticing me & King Kong walking behind them, so they were lovey-dovey haha. Oh but my damn phone camera's shutter sound has to give me away again! Same as what happened with Andrew! Argh!!!!! Embarrassing~ (Long story)

Oh well, that was about a year ago and though it was an embarrassing moment, it is still a memory.
That's it for now then...

Till next time!
With Lotsa Love,
TammyC
PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN PAI WAH & DERIQUE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment