~*RANDOM RATTLES*~

A blog where I randomly pick something to write about...
It's a place I write when I'm bored...
It's here I put in my random thoughts of what I think of other things...
Basically, it's just me rattling...

Friday, February 26, 2010

BEEF & BEER, ABSOLUTELY LIVERPOOL!

As I try to mellow my stomach and make it smaller *beating it hard as if it would help un-bloat it* after a voluptuous and wonderful dinner, I decided to make a mark here since it's been quite some time since I bug people with my nonsense.

I've just came back home from the LJMU alumni dinner and had a gathering with my friends. After 4 hours of meet and greet, the only thing I remember vividly about tonight is THE FOOD!!! I just can't help my really "aunty attitude" when I see an array of delicious food. I guess it really explain my size. Ahem. Anyway the dish that got me going ga-ga the most is the BEEF!! My God...it was one of the most delicious beef I've ever tasted. Moist and it had just the right amount of tenderness in texture. I'm the kinda girl who would basically chuck everything down when it comes to food and so I never really know how to differentiate what is delicious and what is not, but this beef, this particular one...I can tell you, IT IS DELICIOUS! The only thing that flawed (mind you, just a tiny flaw) is that the sauce is not the kind I liked, so yeah. I mean, if it were black pepper or mushroomed, I guess it would be the perfect dish. I remember I had a hard time getting the beef right when I was in Liverpool because apparently culture differences mean that we have a different understanding when it comes to 75% cooked. In Liverpool, 75% cooked means your beef will come out as rocks. My other friend had the same 'fortunate' experience with beef in Liverpool. ANYWAY!!! What I'm saying is, the BEEF TONITE ROCKED!

And then there's beer. It's really not like I am crazy over beer but I do love certain type of alcohol and sometimes I can't control myself when it comes to alcohol. Soooooooooooooo, tonight was great because I had great food and great drinks. And back to my "kiasu" nature, I did eat more than the RM 10 worth of food *huge tak malu face* that I paid. Sigh sorry. I know I shouldn't be that calculative but at times like these, it's all about the money. Anyway, the beer and beef really really remind me of what I had in Liverpool. Though I'm back in KL, just eating these food brings back memories.

Well, I'm not going to give you a play by play of the night. The highlights: My friends won a competition; we had the loudest "Yum Seng" session; took some pics; ate a lot. The conclusion is everyone looked gorgeous. Andrew wasn't there (sad haha...an ironic laugh) but I had fun. It is almost a year when we left Liverpool and I've never stopped missing that place. I'm lucky to be able to be part of that adventure because considering the background I'm from, I'd never expected that I'll be able to travel overseas, let alone Liverpool. It is an experience of a lifetime for me and I'm so happy that I've gone through that journey with this bunch of great pals I have. I guess tonight means more than just dinner in someways; it is also trying to relive something that we once had and enjoyed, though it is hardly the same feeling, it does feel good to be able to see familiar faces and just enjoy a night. I wished that all my flatmates were there though. It wouldn't be my complete Liverpool experience without them. I'll make sure they go next year!! *fingers crossed*

Alrighty then...I'm off to my next activity. Some music, finish reading my book and perhaps another movie??

Take care people. 
Cheers!
Oh and a shout out to FARAH MARSHITA who's in UK now (Middlesbrough, right?). I'm so sad she can't join us tonight because she's been a huge part of my Liverpool-ian adventure! One of my favourite girls whom I'm fortunate to have met in Liverpool. She's an inspiration, even until now though she can be a bully at times ;P. Thanks for the BOOKS and the ADVICE that I truly appreciate. Good luck with Masters babe! 



With Lotsa Love,
TammyC 
I'm stuffed but I'm still stuffing in cookies and drinks at home argh!!! Chinese New Year kills! I've got to swim tomorrow to lose the extras. Sunday is graduation and I'll be seeing everyone again then....hope for the best! (Kinda dreading it, I don't know why) 

No comments:

Post a Comment