~*RANDOM RATTLES*~

A blog where I randomly pick something to write about...
It's a place I write when I'm bored...
It's here I put in my random thoughts of what I think of other things...
Basically, it's just me rattling...

Sunday, February 7, 2010

SUPER RED SUNDAY!

Super quick update on my Sunday. 
Woke up early (well, for me, 10AM is definitely early for a Sunday) today for some Chinese New Year preparations. It's been long since I felt the Sunday morning sunlight. Sounds so pathetic but yes...I'm pathetic.

Well if in Christmas, Christians decorate their houses and Christmas trees with lights and all the bling-blings, we basically do the same for Chinese New Year AND we have something extra to work on, which is cleaning up the altar and all our praying (such as the urns and candlesticks) and we also have to bath Buddha idol. 

I was in-charged of scrubbing the bronze 'I-don't-exactly-know-what' that has its placed on our altar for ages. It's some sort of mini pot that holds those coil-like joss stick. If your not getting this - nevermind. Visit me during CNY and I'll show ya.

Anyway I've been giving the 'heavy' duty of scrubbing for centuries now...so...needless to say, I'm doing it again this year. It looks easy but well, it's not as easy as it seems (or is it just my problem?) Anyway 2 hours worth of polishing there and woa la~ I'm glad to say that the "I-don't-exactly-know-what' is now with dignity, brightly shining on the altar.

BEFORE I LAY MY HANDS ON IT

AFTER THE SWEET, ANGELIC FAIRY (a.k.a. me ahem) WORKS HER MAGIC ON IT
A Bit Shinier what...

Then we did a bit of deco around the house, sticking cute Chinese New Year stuff around here and there. But it's really nothing compared to the days when we were in Ipoh. Our whole house was practically all-red last time. Now it's plainer than it used to be. Well, a lot of things have changed since then. We're all grown up and we actually lost half of our festive hype. 

Here's wishing everyone a Gong Xi Gong Xi
Happy Chinese New Year 
(don't forget MY ang paus because that's EXACTLY WHAT CNY IS ALL ABOUT!)
ps: I stuck this on my walls..nice eh...

Okay lar..
Back to watching TV series and a whole lot of other computer related activities.
Super lazy right?


With Lotsa Lurve,
TammyC laughing as my room's tower rail falls just minutes after my mum proudly say she managed to fix it...
ps: Slept like a pig for nap after the whole house-cleaning thing...I am REALLY A PIG!! Don't say it..I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment