~*RANDOM RATTLES*~

A blog where I randomly pick something to write about...
It's a place I write when I'm bored...
It's here I put in my random thoughts of what I think of other things...
Basically, it's just me rattling...

Thursday, June 10, 2010

WEARING IT DOWN UNDER & THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HUMAN AND HORSES

Just 2 things worth sharing though the vision of my two small dopey eyes is coming to a blur. 

1: World Cup Undies

First of all, what the heck. 

*Photo courtesy of The Star Online

Wear World Cup undies while supporting your favourite football team?
The last thing we need are guys flinging their undies when their team win the game. 
So ya, I wouldn't pay 10 cents for a pair of undies with the South African or European flag design on it. The last time I check, wearing a flag down under isn't really respectful, especially when you are supporting the team, you want to wear it down there, between your...you-know-where.

Oooo perhaps you should wear the opposing team's flag down under. Now that would work. *huge proud smile for being a critical thinker*

Again, those underwear are just another one of those gimmicks which ride on the occasion to make fast cash.
All these gimmicks are norms that lead up to the one-month football competition which suddenly creates a major outbreak of fever among society. 

Glittering magazines with multi-coloured prints are lined up on the bookstore racks waiting to be owned by 'enthusiasts' who would pay good money for them. To be fair I know nuts about football but if you ask me, all them magazines are basically blueprints of one another - men in jerseys and long stockings, backgrounded by fields of green or a cheering crowd. Then bloody long articles analyzing games and profiling players...and the constant reminder that some of these footballers are young but making tonnes of $. Tell me, why should I spend on those magazines again? 



Then there's football-theme-glasses from which are designed to make you believe that you have the 'goblet of fire' or something when you own it and perhaps drink the elixir of football from it. 

At least this one is cute

Oh and there is also the packets of football players cards - you know, those in which you exchange with each other to make a card collection. Please forgive me, but I could be ignorant to the fun of the barter system, BUT I think buying these cards is THE ULTIMATE WAY TO WASTE MONEY. Top on my list man! I mean, WTF does one need those trade cards for la! Go to the internet, search for your handsome, cute, gorgeous football player, print out and trade lar if u want. 

Plus, they are sure going to make it super hard for you to get every single player, just so you'd continue spending your moos on them cards. Next time, think of me before you buy those cards okay? If you don't want your money, feel free to give it to me lar.

Cash incinerators 

And it's pretty amazing that now people include underwear to the list of things that defines the World Cup....
I guess one may argue that merchandises of these sorts are kinda creative sales or marketing methods that help create hype while earn some cash. Win-win also lar.

Oh well, all I know is, after this phase is the part where you will see a divide between the world's population. Half will be glued in front of the TV while the other half will look annoyed.

2: Genpets
Human's creativity can sometimes be both freaky and awesome at the same time.

I'm not sure if you know about Genpets but when my boss told us about it, I was really half awed and half freaked out by it. Lolx.
My colleague called it a 'toyol' and now, unfortunately, that is Genpet's nickname. 

Genpets are bioengineered pets. Okay ignore the fact that they are actually living and breathing, they even have personalities!!! 7 types!!!! 
WAT THE.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation marks alone is not enough to express the shock and excitement of this discovery. It is in other words, Genpets are actually the product of a whole lot of messed up DNA implanted into one 'toyol' body.

I think my boss mentioned that it is made from a combination of Horse and Human sperm or something. Hilariously put, my boss had said this, choking us all when we burst into literally teary laughs, "I really don't want people to think that it is okay to have sex with horses".

So all this while we got it wrong?


 ≠ 

Half man, half human is not equal to a centaur.
Go figure

No offense horses are beautiful, but really...let's not be psychotic to that level man!
But then again, scientists had all this while been playing around with DNAs and genetics, generating not only innovative inventions, but also loads of controversial issues. 
This link might interest you:

I've heard about the story/news above vaguely and it is the sort of issue that I'd say can be chucked into the gray area. It's difficult to really dictate whether it's right or wrong; just how we perceive it.

So Genpets? Awesome or not...it's really for you to judge.

7 types of personality - and I found myself thinking of which one I want..('=.=)

My colleague and boss have both decided that there's no way in hell that they are going to let this thing in their house, let alone pay about $US800 for it.

I am actually quite impressed by the creation but at the same time, feels a weird kind of fear. It's like we are really heading down the path of creating 'humans'. I mean, give this 'toyol' a few years and it will be refined. It will have longer lifespan and it will be nicely designed to attract people like my boss and colleague. It will one day look like a human altogether...

For a Mass Comm student who watch too much film, I can't seem to shove away the thoughts that go along the lines of movies like A.I. (though this is more on robots lar) and The Island.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment