~*RANDOM RATTLES*~

A blog where I randomly pick something to write about...
It's a place I write when I'm bored...
It's here I put in my random thoughts of what I think of other things...
Basically, it's just me rattling...

Saturday, January 1, 2011

IT'S A WRAP 2010

Greetings 2011.

Hello 1.1.11.

11 is my lucky number and the year of the Rabbit according to the Chinese calendar, so I guess I expect 2011 to be my year. (I expect every year to be my year)

So what's happening in 2011?
For one thing, I'm turning 24 (but I still feel like a teenager.)

Most people see a New Year as a new beginning, I guess I'm also one of those who look at every new year as a start of something new, something better.
Then again, I also try to see every month as a new beginning, especially if I've had a terrible month previously.

Although it's advisable to put the past behind us, I think in the beginning of every year, we should also ponder the lessons learnt in the past year since it's part of maturing into a better you.

2009 was a tough year from me as I plunged into adulthood, juggling the fact that I'm no longer a student and having to bear with reality that you can't always get what you want, or do what you want to do in life because truth is, it's not always that easy.

2010 sees me putting the horrible 2009 behind and starting over with a new job, which I have developed a love-hate relationship. But generally, I love my current job because it's exciting and there's always something new to discover and learn although there are also aspects of it in which I'm just freaking sick of.

I think the biggest lesson that I've learnt in 2010 is that sometimes, we have to learn to love what we have while searching for the things we want.
I still have things or dreams in which I'd like to pursue and although it seems far fetched, it could be closer than I think. I guess what I'm saying is, I've learned to enjoy the moment, live the moment and take things one step at a time because if I believe, my road shall lead me to where I want to head to.

2010 is a year in which I rediscover myself as a grown-up; a working adult who no longer does things by the book, and tries to adapt to the fact that the real world is harsher and a gazillion times more difficult than the marshmallow I had in college (I mean, looking back now, it does seem like a marshmallow in comparison although I swore it was hard-rock back then). Working is a whole new ball-game and I'm just beginning to tap into it. So 2010 was my first step and 2011 will see me venturing deeper into the this world and embracing all the career challenges thrust upon mini-me. To be honest, I'm very excited although I'm also very worried and skeptical about my capabilities to deal with something so huge.


Blessings in 2010:
Getting to know my great colleagues - every single one of them are exceptional individuals, whom which I've learned so much from - their experiences, their stories, their character and skills have all helped me become a better person.

SW, I consider her my personal mentor, although she does have her weaknesses (who doesn't), I've learned what is true leadership from her. I feel motivated working for her and it's a blessing to have her guide me along the way through my 9 months of working with my current company.

Learning more about my job and meeting so many different people and clients - although my clients are tough, I'm grateful because every single one of them made me stronger and tougher. I'm still careless, I still have a lot of weakness and I haven't perfected my flaws, but learning to satisfy difficult clients can be the most gratifying at times. Still a long way to go because they are still not satisfied. Could 2011 be the year?

Every single day where I can still smile and move on with live.
Every single day where I can come home and see my parents and my family.
Every single day where I get to warm up and cuddle in my bed...
Every single time my mum and dad smile at me.
Every single day of 2010 is a blessing....
My family surviving all the financial challenges thrown unto us at the beginning of 2010.


Trip of the year 2010:
Although the most awaited trip is the one with my college buddies, it wasn't the best trip of the year. The best trip was the one I went with Stef and CY because we conquered all the best eating spots in Ipoh and Penang. Had a wonderful "Bean Sprout Keuy Teau" in Ipoh, "Tau Fu Fah" at Happy Fountain before pedaling 3 more hours to Penang for a taste of Gurney Drive's famous Laksa and Fried Kuey Teau. Heavenly!!! Then it was sun-tanning and swimming in the hotel before another round of delicious hawker centre lunch to satisfy my craving for local food.

Second up was the Bukit Tinggi trip with my whole company. It was fun although I experienced car-sickness on the way up and down Bukit Tinggi. But generally it was a great trip where my and my colleagues screamed our lungs out to the songs on radio and had a chilling night at Genting.

Most enlightening experience of 2010:
Creative Writing course by BGF 
I learned so much during the course, not only on writing but also to believe in dreams and never give up. Thanks Mr. P.C. Shividas for the inspiring talk; It made me believe in the power of attractive - that every step I'm taking is leading me to my goals and dreams although I do not see it in the near future, but things are pulling me there.


Most Dramatic moment 2010:
My car window got smashed while me and my colleague were waiting at the traffic lights. She was robbed off her handbag. Freaked us both out and waiting at traffic lights have never been the same again.


Funniest Moments 2010:
Too many to remember. Generally my colleagues are all goofballs and we basically just laugh about everything.

The one I can think of is the one involving Stef, Darlene and the dude-next-door fighting over a Christmas present. Was bloody hilarious I cried....


Most angry moments:
Got let down by 2 friends

Other highlights:
- Discovering Glee
- Andrew replied my birthday wish
- Bought a new phone


Best Movie 2010:
Eat Pray Love


Song of the Year:
It's impossible to name one

Hunk of the Year: Cory Monteith

Comedy of the Year: Modern Family


TV Series of the Year: Hello? Do you need to ask? GLEEE!!

I've had a great 2010 and 2011 is going to be better.
I haven't really got the time to think about my New Year resolutions and I guess this is a good time to give it some thought. New Year resolutions might sound lame and cliche, but perhaps these resolutions give us something to achieve throughout the year. We need goals....

So ya....

2011 NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS:
Enjoy and live life to the max
Work hard, set a career goal, get a promotion and earn more
Be more meticulous!
Travel at least 3 times
Must keep my movie and music blogs active!
Must try to exercise a bit more hahahaha (okay this one sounds like it's not happening already)
Must be nicer to everyone and stop judging!
Must save RM10k for my 2013 Europe backpacking trip
Must find my Cory Monteith (please come to Malaysia)

AIM FOR THE SUN (I improvised) SO THAT IF YOU FALL, YOU SHALL FALL AMONG THE STARS!

That's all folks!
This is 2011. And I smell something good. :)

With Lotsa Love
TammyC
ps: Please pray that everything is smooth-sailing on the 3rd of January. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment