~*RANDOM RATTLES*~

A blog where I randomly pick something to write about...
It's a place I write when I'm bored...
It's here I put in my random thoughts of what I think of other things...
Basically, it's just me rattling...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

PHONES CALLS, PACKAGE, CATCHING UP & A GRATEFUL DAY

A strings of calls woke me up this morning.
I'm sorry but it really irritates me when I get these calls (or messages) when I'm in the middle of my slumber. Unless if it's an urgent call or message but no...sometimes I wake up to find an SMS from the telco telling me about its latest promotions. What the...I'm sleeping for God's sake. I'm sorry I'm a person who wakes up late but still...telco should stop spamming us with stuff like these. Ruins people's day.



This morning I was awaken by 4 calls. 3 are urgent but still it disrupted my beauty sleep. You know, I've this problem trying to get back to sleep after I wake up and these 3 calls is coming like one after another. Yes...the moment I doze off another one comes in and cut me off rest.

I ended up feeling quite cranky today. Usually I feel that way when I don't have enough sleep. Plus, these few days, I didn't get my coffee supply 'cause we are out and it makes me feel worse since I didn't get the needed boost of caffeine to make me feel a tad more hyper. I know I shouldn't depend on coffee but still, I just can't help but like the bittersweet taste of my Neslo. It's only been two days without Neslo and I felt like I haven't tasted it for centuries, wtf~ Talk about addiction.

But seriously, I have nothing to complain about for today I got 3 great calls that practically made my day (hehe freelance paycheck should be coming soon). Let's just say I got some great news on more career opportunities and a package. Well, I know I have something now but...well, I guess I'm never contented argh!

Met up with a few buddies today at Sri Pentas and also met some cool people and shared some great conversations. I guess that's what I like to do; I like to meet people, exchanging trivial discussions or maybe make a few new acquaintances.
Surprised but it was nice to see HH there also haha. It was funny to see a familiar face but she was good company.

Also managed to catch up with King Kong after that, for a while. Sometimes it's surprising how someone you thought you'd never hang out with be someone that you enjoy hanging out with and in fact, you feel like they actually know how you are feeling. Though we are very different people, it's amazing that we actually share similarities too haha. The fact is in many ways, though King Kong is super sarcastic (but I like that because it makes her honest), she makes some of my days and today, though she isn't the usual self (cuz she has a bad stomach pain), she still managed to find time for me.

Oh and it's time to plan for CNY really. It's only, what?..like less than 20 days to Chinese New Year but I'm still not feeling it. No reds in the house, no food, no nothing...hmmm...the festive mood really fades off as we age. Sigh.

When we were young, we look forward to new clothes and ang paus but now, hmmm...perhaps the holidays lar (ang paus too lar but now that we're grown up, it's like we don't do much house visiting either). But this year would be interesting since Valentine's Day clashes or put it in a more positive tone, unites with CNY. Haha, congrats to those lovebirds out there...good luck trying to split your body and be there for your partner and your family on the first day of CNY muahaha. (Ya ya ya, just assume I'm sour grapes 'cause I'm single muahaha)

I actually heard some girls insist that their boyfriends book that day specially for them. '=.= Imagine...one on hand you have your nagging mother telling you it's CNY and it's time to spend with the family...on the other hand you've got your girlfriend demanding your full attention since it's Valentines Day. You know what? Get used to it guys, because that's how it'll be like once you're married anyway haha...

So I'm assuming more shopping to do soon, but then again, not like a lot of shopping lar since I'm actually kinda empty in the pockets. All the outflows and no inflows haha. Pathetic...haha...

But anyway, to wrap up today, it is one of the most productive days I've had in weeks. Thank God for that. I'm grateful and hopefully, it's really a better year in 2010!! Cheers~
Ps: I'm in a more cheery mood these past few weeks, maybe because I'm lazing around a lot haha.

With Lotsa Lurve to give,
TammyC and better days ahead...moving on to Supernatural instead of Criminal Minds now haha...


No comments:

Post a Comment